My Favorite Quotes


"There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul."
~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox



"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination."
~ Tommy Lasorda





"Friends are the bacon bits in the salad bowl of life."Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."~ Lance Armstrong




Monday, October 17, 2011

My Road, My Journey, My Life

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end."
~ Ursula K. Le Guin



My road in life changes constantly as I have grown and matured. I have made choices and decisions that have changed my life and have affected what I do and love. Right now my road is easily traveled where I am surrounded by friends and family, but down the road I know what I want but there are important choices I haven't made yet. I know I want to go to college, have a job I love to do, fall in love, have a family, but I don't know what college I want to go to, I don't know what job I want and this makes my road bumpy and unsettling. Right now my road is simply filled with my prioties, school, sports, friends, family, and church. I am happy with my road and glad I have what I have in life, I know sooner rather then later I will need to make many life decisions that will show me the rest my my journey on this road and how it will end, hopefully me with a family, a house with a big yard, surrounded by people who I love. My road will have many forks that can lead me down the right or wrong path, I want to know that I lived with no regrets and made the right choices, and although I can't see the rest of the road or even where it ends, I am determined to live the way I want to.

"There'll be two dates on your tombstone And all your friends will read 'em But all that's gonna matter is that little dash between 'em. "
~ Kevin Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment